Ecstacy of life by Savi Sharma

“ I want to travel the whole world. I want to go on a road trip. Stop at random places and explore their beauty. Run through the woods chasing a butterfly. Talk to new people with different cultures and different lifestyles. Listen to their stories; sit on a park bench in sun. Enjoy every sunrise and sunset, sometimes from a hilltop and sometimes behind the trees. I want to spend hours a rushing river , feeling the wind in my hair and listening to the secrets hidden in waves. Write a poem about coldest, cloud-bound mountains and all five oceans. I want to cross my boundaries. I want to admire nature, and wander at the magic of it’s creation. I want to make memories. I want to feel alive. I want to feel the creator. I want to feel myself. Life is not meant to be caged in your hometown, but it should be a wondrous place to be explored. I must explore all the nooks and crannies of this world. It has been a long-time dream of mine and, as I set out to do this, I realize that this must be what it feels like to be a baby bird, perched on the edge of its nest, ready and anxious to fly to other places. I sometimes pity humans for not being able to migrate the same way animals can. There are no boundaries for animals, except what they are incapable of doing for themselves. Humans seem to be the only creatures who say they live freely, but they are bound by restrictions they place for themselves. We are not just bound to our work, but to our homes. We do not roam. We live in a small, isolated location-a cage would perhaps best describe it. We have an area for business and we have an area where we eat the same food and we meet the same type of people. This city has turned into that cage for me. I know everything there about this city, but like a lion in the zoo. I crave the freedom of standing on a rock and looking down at the kingdom below me. I want to see the birds flying, the elephants bathing happily in their watering hole and the gazelles running freely. That is the freedom which humankind was granted, an I am about to capture it by chasing my dreams across the horizon.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faces and faces everywhere...

...And this is my story

Reading squad...!